November 11, 2012

Be Still My Soul

While in adoration at Spirit and Truth, a young adult group I attend each week, we sang the following hymn. It is titled "Be Still My Soul", and I felt that the lyrics were particularly relevant in the face Obama's re-election, and what many Catholics and Christians feel to be a severe blow to religious freedom and to freedom in general.  Something to contemplate.




Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side. 
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain. 
Leave to thy God to order and provide; 
In every change, He faithful will remain. 
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend 
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end. 

Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake 
To guide the future, as He has the past. 
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake; 
All now mysterious shall be bright at last. 
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know 
His voice Who ruled them while He dwelt below. 

Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on 
When we shall be forever with the Lord. 
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone, 
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored. 
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past 
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!