February 20, 2013

Modest Mondays: Brightening up Winter Gray


Just joining the Modest Monday party? Here's the original post (from My Spare Oom). Each Monday, I post a modest, stylish outfit. 
Why? Because I believe you don't have to sacrifice fashion and style for purity. 
 Modesty does not equal frumpy. This is my way of showing that modesty can be fashionable 
and pretty. I'm a girl determined to live a life of 
purity, 
modesty, 
and plenty of style. 

- - - - - - -

Yesterday was a dull, cold and gray winter's day.  It was a quiet day as well.  Only my work in the morning, and at home in the afternoon - to watch and bewail the season finale of Downton Abbey.  Seriously, that was the most depressing last minute of a show that I have ever seen.

To brighten up the cold and dreary day, I decided to throw some red into my outfit.


Beret: I crocheted it myself!
Black Shirt: Forever XXI
Patterened Camisole: Either Wal-Mart or Target
Belt: Had it forever and don't know where it came from
Red skirt: One that I made from a Simplicity pattern a number of years ago
Bracelet: Charming Charlies
Evenstar Necklace: Why, I got it from my Elessar, of course!

Admittedly this was a self photograph that I took while preparing dinner last night.  You can see it there on the stove behind me... what else better to bring cheer to a chilly day than a warm pot of soup?


Grace at My Spare Oom is the mastermind behind Modest Monday.  If you feel like joining in... post on your blog and then share the link over on hers!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Hats are SO nice, aren't they? You look so so charming in yours. And what a precious gift from your Knight.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!