1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Put it in bold when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.
1. "Why, you speak treason!"
"Fluently. " - The Adventures of Robin Hood ~ Yaviel
2. "Have you got a lame horse?"
"What do you be wantin' to trade for a lame horse?"
"Would you take General Burnside?"
"No. I guess I'll keep the horsehide." - Gods and Generals ~ Paul Xavier
3. "My love, will you marry me?"
"Oh, of course! And you couldn't have chosen a more romantic setting!"
"For our honeymoon: London! Paris!"
" [laughs] Why not?"
" We'll have six kids!"
"Six? Oh, a dozen at least!" - The Disney Robin Hood ~ Elenatintil
4. Stories don't always end where their authors intended. But there is joy in following them, wherever they take us. - Miss Potter ~ the Twiddles
5. "No disrespect to you brave men, but why are you fightin' this war?"
"Why are you?"
"Why to free the slaves, of course."
"I can't speak for some other folks, but I'm fightin' for my rights" [pronounces it "rats"]
"My rights. [still pronounces it rats] The right to live my life like I see fit. I don't know why we can't live our lives our way and you live yours. Live and let live I've heard so folks say. Well, I guess this war's over for me anyway."
"I appreciate you talkin' to me." - Gettysburg ~ Lady Kathleen
6. Foll de roll and fiddle dee dee, fiddle dee foddle dee foodle! All the dreamers in the world are dizzy in the noodle! - Rodger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella ~ Claire
7. "I just lost my family - all my friends - probably forever."
"How do you know?"
"Well, I - I... You are an illustration; why am I talking to you?"
"Oh, you just lost your family - all your friends - you are lonely."
"Yeah, well, you're dead!"
"Ahh, but that is no match for wishful thinking! If you're focused on what you've left behind, you will not be able to see what lies ahead. Now go up and look around!" - Ratatouille ~ the Twiddles
8. "Let me get this straight. You know her. She knows you. But she wants to eat him. And every body's okay with this? [jumps up suddenly] Did I miss something?" - The Lion King ~ the Twiddles
9. "I'm afraid the only thing left is to be thrown into the sea."
"Oh, you don't have to do that! We've got a plank! You can just walk off!"
"Yes, thank you. You're too kind."
" Normally you'd be entitled to a refund, but under the circumstances, y'know, with you dying and all... "
"No, I don't suppose a refund would do me much good now, would it?" - Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie ~ Lady Kathleen
10. "So are you Jason's friend?"
"Yes. I am."
"Absolutely. Pinkie promise"
"So how long have you know Mr. Stevens?"
"We go way back, we're like this [crossing fingers] Now where do I sign?"
"And, um, he hasn't promised you and compensation for this friendship?
" Look at him, does he look like he has anything to offer?" - The Ultimate Gift ~ Yaviel
Note: There are no quotes from the Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jane Austen movies, or the Chronicles of Narnia.
And a bonus quote: (BTW, this is NOT one of MY favorite movies, but I am including it because it is recited quite frequently around our house!)
# 11. "What's that smell?"
"No one noticed it until you did, it must be yours." - Thomas the Tank Engine ~ Lady Kathleen (my brother's fav movie.)
*Edit* Sister's, you will more likely than not know all of these, so you can only answer 2 each. =)