1. Today was a good week... almost like a mini vacation, in a way. With working second shift I don't get to spend much time with my family but somehow the stars aligned and this Monday I was off, Tuesday and Wednesday I worked first shift and Thursday I worked all day at the chiropractor job and was off by seven. Getting to eat dinner at home four days in a row was great!
2. I realized the other day that I've been dying my hair red for over two years now. It is a little funny how there are still some people - who I see on a fairly regular basis - will still say "Oh, did you dye your hair?" I started off with the auburn color from Henna King but that was more brown and not enough red so about a year and a half ago I switched to Natural Red and never looked back. Its very me, and I LOVE the fact that Henna makes your hair healthy and shiny - hurray for guilt free dying!
3. I tried out an almost top knot today (it didn't quite make it to the very top of my head.) I kind of like the look.
4. I'm not on Tumblr, strictly speaking. Rather, I prefer to take the best of Tumblr without the rest of frustration of no one following me, having to follow people all that by experiencing Tumblr via Pinterest. You find the best funny posts that way. Like...
Some people actually don't know the Oh Where Is My Hairbrush song?
The best Europe posts on Tumblr
Sherlock IS the Grinch!
The time part of Tumblr mistook Sherlock for a Muslim Woman
The Spanish version of YOLO
5. I can't believe that the school year starts up in ONE WEEK already! Where on earth did Summer go to? I'm also having a hard time believing that this is going to be my second year at JuCo (Junior College). Going full time with classes this semester, which leaves me with only 5 more to complete my associates degree! I am very much looking forward to my Understanding Wine class. YES I will get to taste all kinds of wine! A perfect class for a Monday afternoon, don't you think?
6. Need to say no to someone this week? Need to say no to a lot of someones? Here's 25 ways to mix saying no up a little. Can I say I love the addition of cats to this graphic? Way #25 is my favorite.
7. I like to experiment with seasonings and marinades on occasion. Last week I came up with a delicious new combination to go with grilled chicken. Rub the chicken breasts with garlic powder and lemon pepper. In a bowl, mix together ranch dressing, Parmesan cheese and just enough Summer Shandy (beer) to make the mixture more liquid. Marinade the chicken in the Ranch mixture for about three hours, grill, and then enjoy! It was an instant hit with my family and the gal I was working with the night I decided to make us dinner!
Have a happy Friday!