It's entertaining the things you can come up with when you have to. A few months ago the metal prop for the music stand on our baby grand broke. We didn't have the talent or supplies needed to fix it, so I came up with the next logical solution... prop it up with one of our many dictionaries.
|Honestly, I can't think of a better use for the dictionary than that!|
Today I found myself in need of another creative solution. I went searching for some new sheet music to play and came across a wonderful handful of new pieces from Sebastian Wolff. I gleefully downloaded them and went to hit print - and then remembered that our printer broke this morning.
I really, really wanted to try out my new songs... then I hit upon a brilliant idea. Remove the dictionary and lay the music stand back flat and just play off of the PDF's on my laptop. Other than the fact that scrolling takes a few seconds longer than a pager turn, it worked out fairly well. Enough to satisfy my piano playing urges for the time being.
I am looking forward to having them printed out though.... Oh well. In the meantime I'll work on alphabetizing my miscellaneous sheet music binder. It's currently in purchasing/downloading order rather than alphabetical which means if I want to find a piece I have to try and remember when I printed it out. Not always the best method of organization.