May 3, 2013

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

It's entertaining the things you can come up with when you have to.  A few months ago the metal prop for the music stand on our baby grand broke.  We didn't have the talent or supplies needed to fix it, so I came up with the next logical solution... prop it up with one of our many dictionaries. 

Honestly, I can't think of a better use for the dictionary than that!

Today I found myself in need of another creative solution.  I went searching for some new sheet music to play and came across a wonderful handful of new pieces from Sebastian Wolff.  I gleefully downloaded them and went to hit print - and then remembered that our printer broke this morning.

Noooooooo!!!!!!

I really, really wanted to try out my new songs... then I hit upon a brilliant idea.  Remove the dictionary and lay the music stand back flat and just play off of the PDF's on my laptop.  Other than the fact that scrolling takes a few seconds longer than a pager turn, it worked out fairly well.  Enough to satisfy my piano playing urges for the time being.


I am looking forward to having them printed out though....  Oh well.  In the meantime I'll work on alphabetizing my miscellaneous sheet music binder.  It's currently in purchasing/downloading order rather than alphabetical which means if I want to find a piece I have to try and remember when I printed it out.  Not always the best method of organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!