February 24, 2008

Vive Modestie!

TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

From the website TheRebelution.com, comes a wonderful and fascinating survey... about Modesty! This survey was released as a St. Valentine's Day gift from Christian guys to Christian girls every where and of any age! A more beautiful and appropriate gift, I personally can't think of myself! I was amazed at how many guys care about helping us girls help them by being modest! I was so thankful by input and advice those guys gave by participating in the survey!

Over 1,600 Christian guys have answered questions on everything from glitter lotion and lip gloss to swimsuits and skirt slits! It's everything girls have ever wanted to ask guys about modesty, but were afraid to ask! For guys, it's really interesting to see what other Christian guys think! Most importantly, the survey is presented as a resource to help Christian girls (and guys), not a list of legalistic rules, and it is accompanied by the Modesty Survey Petition (which tons of guys have signed) which encourage young women to focus on the heart, not the hemline, to honor their parents, etc.

-from the Rebelution website.

For you guys out there, they are still accepting signitures for the Modesty Survey Petition, so visit The Rebelution and put your names on it today!

www.therebelution.com/modestysurvey

For those of you who signed the petition, or will sign it, THANK YOU!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I just love the Modesty Survey. On days when I'm feeling a bit disheartened, I like to browse through the various answers and realise that there are men out there that appreciate a girl of dignity and purity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The Modesty Survey is amazing! I just love it because it really makes us girls realize that the way we dress does affect the young men in our lives, both in a negative and positive way. It's also interesting to notice how much nicer young men treat you when you dress modestly. Recently, at a very crowded mass, I was standing near a young man, who looked me up and down, then said, "How nice to see someone dressing modestly." I've also found that I have a better chance of making friends in young men since I've been dressing more modestly. It is the neatest thing because I can spend time around these guys, have fun, and yet they always treat me very respectfully and kindly. And when (if that is my vocation) it comes time for me to find a husband, I know that by dressing modestly, I'll attract someone faithful, pious, and pure who will love and see me, not some object which he can use.

    Okay, that is a really long comment, maybe I should just get my own blog...Mom... =)

    God bless ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Modesty Survey, too! I've done the same as Clare many times since it was released last year on Valentine's Day. I think it's a timeless gift, and best of all, I LOVE that the project was conceived and carried out entirely by TEENS!

    (P.S. Amanda, didn't I ever mention it to you before? ...if not, I'm curious to know how you found it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a totally awesome survay...kudos to you for helping to spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'll pop on and check it out after!

    ~Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss March: Yes you should get a blog!

    Claire: I found it through the Fairy Tale Novels Forum, if I remember correctly. I believe Elena mentioned it on one of the threads.

    Paul Xavier: Thanks and please do!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!