April 5, 2009

The Stations of the Cross


XI. Station

Jesus is nailed to the cross


V. We adore, Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the

world.


Meditation.

Jesus, after He had been stripped of His garments, was violently thrown upon the cross, and His hands and His feet were nailed thereto most cruelly. In this excruciating pain he remained silent, because it pleased His heavenly Father. He suffered patiently, because He suffered for me. How do I act in sufferings and in trouble? How fretful and impatient, how full of complaints I am!


Prayer.

O Jesus, gracious Lamb of God! I renounce forever my impatience. Crucify, O Lord! my flesh and concupiscences. Punish me, afflict me in this life, as Thou willest, only spare me in eternity. I commit my destiny to Thee, resigning myself to Thy holy will: may it be done in all things!

Our Father, etc.; Hail Mary, etc.


V. Lord Jesus, crucified:

R. Have mercy on us!



XII. Station

Jesus dies on the cross


V. We adore, Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.


Meditation.

Behold Jesus, crucified! Behold His wounds, received for love of you! His whole appearance betokens love! His head is bent to kiss you, His arms are extended to embrace you, His Heart is open to receive you. O superabundance of love! Jesus, the Son of God, dies upon the cross that man may live and be delivered from everlasting death.


Prayer.

O Most amiable Jesus! Who will grant unto me that I may die for love of Thee? I will at least endeavor to die to the world. How must I regard the world and its vanities, when I behold Thee hanging on the cross, covered with wounds? O Jesus! receive me into Thy wounded Heart: I belong entirely to Thee; for Thee alone do I desire to live and to die.

Our Father, etc.; Hail Mary, etc.


V. Lord Jesus, crucified:

R. Have mercy on us!

~ "The Stations of the Cross" from 'The Catholic Girls Guide' by Father Lasance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!