June 20, 2009

5 Quick Takes Saturday - Vol 12

~ 1 ~
So i started doing these Quick Takes Saturday in imitation of Conversion Diary because i wanted to do the 7 Quick Takes but my mom said all the people who do it are older (as in married or over 25) so i should start my own and have it as 5 takes so that other teens would want to do it to. But *looks disapprovingly at readers with blogs* no one has!!! (Except the Other Katy, who did it once or twice). *looks pleadingly* Come on guys/girls! Coming up with 5 quick (or not) things isn't that hard! And it gets so lonely doing it all by my little lonesome! Puh-leaseeeee?????

~ 2 ~
I have planned to do a few sewing projects over the summer, one of them being my dream skirt:
Yes, yes, yes i know it isn't finished yet! That's just the material and i am head over heels in love with it. I have always wanted a red skirt and this fabric is such a beautiful shade of red! Here's a bit of a closer look at it, along with the skirt style:
Isn't it purty? It kind of reminds me of glowing strawberry jello...

I started it yesterday and got about half way through, it's a fairly easy pattern. And it's really wide! My sister made one out of denim and it has a very full skirt - perfect for spinning!

And don't worry, i shall be sure to post pictures of the finished project when it is finished!

Oh, and if you want to make your own skirt, the pattern is a McCall's M5566.

~ 3 ~
Randomness: (i am writing this on Friday, btw). Previous to typing this post i was making pizza and i just looked down at my fingers and realized that i must have forgotten to properly scrub my nails because there is hard and crusty pizza dough all over them! Well, when i'm done here...

~ 4 ~
Thanks to Master Xavier for e-mailing this one to me. Hope y'all get a good laugh out of it!



~ 5 ~
*hyperventilates* JUST TWO WEEKS UNTIL CAMP!!!!!!! *passes out from hyperventilating and so out of necessity ends this weeks quick takes (which no one else did!) *





9 comments:

  1. Sorry, Rose. I just don't always have the time to sit down and do it. :( I'll try though....next week. ;)

    I love your skirt!!!!! :D It looks like the one I made last November, but the waist is different, and I made mine for nicer occasions. I'm wearing to the formal dinner, so you will be able to see it! I hope I'm going to be able to finish my skirt. I reeeeally need it for camp. We'll see.

    That video was hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that skirt is going to be so beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to make a video involving Nerf dart guns! That was very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to do it but I don't have my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red!

    Is the invitation to people you know personally, or to everyone who reads your blog? I'm pretty boring, so I doubt I could come up with any more than two things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AGP - It's an invitation to who ever wants to do it! Of course, if you don't have a blog that would be a bit hard to do... but yeah, it's an invitation to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely skirt! The color looks fabulous, I can't wait to see it when it is finished! I just made one very similar, in fact I'm wearing it right now. :)

    And I would do the 5 quick takes, but I can't talk my parents into letting me have a blog. *sigh* Maybe one day...

    God bless,
    Josephine

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROTFL, htta video was HYSTERICAL! I nearly choked laughing!!!!!!!!

    & your skirt looks absolutely gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!