June 24, 2009

Fashion Week - Day Four



I finished it! I hadn't had much time to work on my skirt this week, but last night i had only 21 feet of fabric to iron and hem so i decided to just finish it. And i did! No, i'm not joking! I measured and calculated the bottom circumference of the skirt three times and three different ways and all three times it came out as 21 feet! As you can imagine, that took about two hours to do. But it was worth it, i love this skirt!

I also finished the crocheted beret that i'm wearing last night as well, an exciting day all around! This morning i made a headband out of left-over skirt fabric, but i opted to wear the beret today. Maybe you'll see the headband some other time!

What i'm wearing today...

Black beret - by me!
Black top - from Aldi, actually
Red skirt - by me!
Cross necklace - gift

Be sure to check out the rest of the outfits at AmandaBeth Online

But before you go, if you want i have some more photos below. I don't usually post this many photos for the fashion week, but i figured this was a special occasion since i just finished the skirt! You are not obligated, however, to look at them if you don't want to. (Yes, i did have fun with the special effects on the computer. If you want a boring old original photo, beg me and i'll put it on here. ;) )






7 comments:

  1. Yay! Fabulous job on the skirt! I love HUGE skirts like that and the color is amazing! You definitely deserve to celebrate by posting lots of pictures... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is AMAZING!!! And I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All your outfits are so beautiful, Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful pictures! Love the outfit. There first one would be really appropriate as your profile pic! As the Rose in Bloom. :) By the way, did you get that title from the Louisa May Alcott book? I have read the book with the same title. It was very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gasps* It's gorgeous Rose!!! I think I'm going to get that pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! THAT is AWESOME Amanda!!! :D :D You look like a rose wth her petals all spread out around her!! GORGEOUS!!! :D :D
    -Han :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your skirt! I wish I could make one like that - last time I tried to use a sewing machine the needle shattered and just about blinded me! Have you ever considered making one and selling it? I'd buy it... Seriously, let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!