January 9, 2013

Some Catching Up to Do

Life has been a whirlwind of adventures these last few weeks, which has accounted for my absence from the blogging world.  Now that life is back to the normal everyday, I will do my best to get back into the swing of posting more regularly again.  But enough about that!

I hope that you all had beautiful and wonderful Christmases with your families and loved ones.  Mine was wonderful... Christmas Eve was spent with my mom's side of the family and I had the privilege of singing with our parish choir for the Midnight Mass.  In my humble opinion - we sounded absolutely fantastic.  Christmas morning saw the younger ones patiently waiting in the hallway until everyone else had woken up.  It is a long standing tradition in our family that no one is allowed to so much look at the Christmas tree until everyone else is awake... and you aren't allowed to wake anyone up early in the morning either!  We manage. ;-)  The rest of Christmas Day was spent with my dad's side of the family... and what a fun, (and rather... lively) gathering that was!  It's always so much fun when all of the aunts and uncles and cousins are all there.

Scarcely more than twenty-four hours after Christmas ended, I was off to the East Coast to spend an amazing ten days with my Knight.  We saw The Hobbit (the second time for both of us!), went on a beautiful New Years Eve date to see Les Mis, dinner, adoration and the lovely surprise of a Vigil Mass at the parish where we stopped for adoration.  A trip down to The Big Apple (!!!) came to be as well, and we had a blast.  It was such a blessing to get to spend time together, to reconnect, to be close after another painful separation.  He is so very worth the distance we have to endure though <3

One of my awesome Christmas gifts!  "Though I'm not actually sure it is a sword... more of a letter opener really"

On the metro to NYC!

Isn't he so handsome in that hat?

NINE INCHES OF SNOW!  It was wonderful.

I'll let the skyline speak for itself ;-)

And so yes that, my dear readers, is what I have been up to.  Now I must adjust to the normal pace of life and enjoy the small adventures which may be found here.  As soon as one comes up, I shall be sure to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!