September 4, 2013

Five Favorites - Country Music edition


I'm clicking through my recent country favorites on YouTube, so I thought - why not do a Five Favorite Country Songs?

1.
Night Train by Jason Aldean.  I was actually thinking of Runnin' Out of Moonlight by Randy Houser when I looked this one up (the lyrics of the latter are something like "let's go on a night ride"), which worked out because then I remembered that I like this song too!  Gotta love Jason's voice, and actually now that he mentions it... watching and listening to the trains at night does sound kinda fun and romantic in an offbeat kind of way.  

2.
Mine Would Be You by Blake Shelton.  It's Blake Shelton.  Need I say anymore?  Also, such a sweet song.  Until the end... when it's kinda sad and bittersweet.  But still, great song.

3.
I'm not quite sure what it is about Redneck Crazy by Tyler Farr that I connect with so much, but I do.  I love how well he expresses the pain and emotion and frustration of the lyrics through his voice, and I can't help but turn the volume up when this one comes on the radio and sing along.

4.
Hey Girl  by - no, not by Ryan Gosling - Billy Currington.  So fun and flirty and just - ah!  Love his voice.  Which I say about pretty much all male country singers, but really, I do love Currington's voice.  The opportunity has not yet arisen, but I feel like this would be a great song to dance to.

5.
Crash My Party by Luke Bryan.  Now really girls, who out there doesn't dream of having a guy who lets you know that he's going to be there for you, no matter what.  Doesn't matter where he is or what he's doing, if you need him he'll come running.  My romantic side loves this song and gets a huge smile when it comes on.


So that's that! For more awesome Five Favorite link ups, head on over to Moxie Wife!

1 comment:

  1. *smiles* It had been such a long time since I listened to country music, and then the other day Peter and I were driving back from vacation and a few songs came up on my player. I'd forgotten how simply NICE it is to listen to it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!