September 6, 2013

Seven Quick Takes - It's been a LONG time! OR Things I LOVE


It has been a very long time since I linked up with Jen over at Conversion Diary for a 7QT, so here it goes!

1.
Can you believe that summer is already coming to an end?  I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Illinois it never really got that hot - other than about two weeks - so it just didn't feel like summer for most of the time.  Kind of like a prolonged warm weather period that didn't really feel like any season.  I do love, love, love fall however, and I'm so excited that it's just around the corner!  I'm ready for scarves and sweaters and hot tea.  If I could find a place where it was fall at least 90/80% of the year with a bit of spring/summer and winter to change things up a little, I would move there in a heartbeat.

2.
Four words.  Free. month. trial. Netflix.  Ah!  I'm loving it.  The videos load so fast and it doesn't have a huge negative impact on our internet.  I wish I had more than one card, because then that way I could do another month free trial and I'm currently to cheap to actually sign up.  Le sigh.  I shall enjoy it while it lasts, with the hope of signing up for an account somewhere down the road.

3.
Most common question of the moment: How are your classes going?  Answer: Great!  I have two classes that meet only once a week on Tuesdays, and so far that's working very well with my work and life schedule.  I'm taking Sales and Convention Management (pretty interesting) and Organizational Behavior which I LOVE.  (I should call this the 7QT of things I love).  It's so fascinating and fun, and the class dynamic is GREAT.  10 of us, and we're all girls.  It's pretty awesome.

4.
SHAMELESS PLUG FOR MY FRIENDS!  

My good friends (Who are - surprise! - twins. Bet you never saw that coming), just recently published an e-book full of recipes for baking - GLUTEN FREE.  Not only that, but they tell you HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN FLOUR.  I haven't made any of the recipes yet myself, but I've gotten to taste some of the test runs and you wouldn't even know it was gluten free.  Very awesome, and currently it is FREE on Amazon!  Today is day 3 of the five day giveaway, so hurry on over there and download it for your Kindle/Nook/tablet/Kindle reader app on your computer.

5.
And now I don't know what else to QT about, so I'll go finish my episode of Psych on Netflix while I think. Which apparently I had only just started.  That's right, that was the other one that I was half way through that I finished the other day.  Psych is awesome.  I have a personal theory that in another life, Shawn was Sherlock Holmes (psychic detective = consulting detective/high functioning sociopath), Gus was Doctor Watson (pharmacist = doctor), Lassie was Lestrade (head detective = head detective), Henry was Mycroft (dad, taught Shawn all he knows = older brother, just as brilliant) and I'm not quite sure where Jules fits in.

6.
As a new twenty-one year old, I am slowly increasing my knowledge of alcoholic beverages.   (One of the things on my to-do list is get a bartenders licence just because and with no real intention to ever use it.)  I've decided that I am a definite margarita fan, beer floats are awesome (think root beer floats without the root), and these are just plain amazing. (Shall I say - I love these!)

I tried one for the first time at a friend's house the other weekend, and became an instant fan.  Also, try it as a float.  It's like apple pie that you can drink!

7.
Keeping with that train of thought, a conversation with my sisters this morning went from popular names, to what I'll name my kids, to weird things I'd name my kids to having a pack of Huskies named Miller, Sangria, Jack Daniels, Captain Morgan, Heineken, Leinenkugel, Mike and a Pomeranian Husky  named Bud Lite.  I LOVE this idea!


And that's all for today kids!  If you can't get enough of awesome Quick Takes, head on over to Conversion Diary!  


2 comments:

  1. I've never been a beer fan and I suspect I never will be...

    ... but I LOVE hard apple ciders terrifically. I wonder if I could be fond of apple ale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try Cosmos. ;) Love those! And...definitely try Patron. ;) Obviously only if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!