What I'm Reading
Oh, what have I been reading? About a month ago I was reading anything I could get my hands on, but this month life has seemed to be conspiring against me with the result that my reading has been sadly minimal. I've been working my way through Nicholas Sparks new novel, "The Longest Ride"... which had to go back to the library today, so now I don't have anything to read. Guess I'll have to make a trip to my bookshelves and pick out a re-read!
What I'm Watching
On Netflix - Pysch, How I Met Your Mother and one of these days I'm going to get around to finishing catching up with Castle.
In Cinema - (Not yet, but hopefully soon!) Frozen, Thor 2 and Catching Fire
What I've Been Up To Lately
- A weekend trip down to St. Louis for the Bears vs Rams game with the cousins. Alas, the Bears lost.
- Seeing four of my siblings perform in a version of "A Christmas Carol" titled "The Conversion of Scrooge". It was an incredible performance and I wish I could have seen it more than once!
- I started an internship as a part of the Meetings Team with a medical association, which is AWESOME. I am loving working there and having my own little cubicle to decorate and call my own. As I have been explaining to people (or attempting to), there are Meeting and Event Planning Companies who are hired by corporations or associations to do all the planning for them; many smaller groups will go this route. Other associations or corporations, like the one I am working for, have a team as a permanent part of their staff.
- Attending the bridal shower of my very dear friend Elenatintil. As it turns out, her fiance originally lived very close to me before moving out by her and this past weekend her mother-in-law through a beautiful Downton Abbey themed shower for her.
- For the month of December, I'm participating in a Photo-a-Day challenge and plan on sharing each day's photo on my Pinterest board as well as here in a blog post, along with a little blurb about why I photographed what I did. Starting off with yesterday's photo:
This photo was taken last night after we'd gotten home from a long day of two performances. I was sitting there and realizing that I'd forgotten to take a picture earlier in the day, so I picked up my camera and took a photo of MY VIEW - which happened to be the four siblings who were in the play.
- Today's photo is Your Favorite Holiday Film
What movie other than "It's a Wonderful Life"? I've loved this movie since the first time I saw it years ago, and for a good many years it has been my families New Year's Eve tradition (admittedly one that has been somewhat forcefully implemented by myself.)
What I'm Following (Blogs and Interesting Links Around the Web)
- My Knight's new blog A Study in Moxie. I suppose I may be biased, but he really is a good writer and I've always enjoyed reading his thoughtful posts over the years on past blogs.
- Leigh Kramer: I found her through... A Modern Mrs Darcy, I believe. When I first found her, I spend a good hour browsing through past posts and I liked what I found. She has some very thought provoking things to say, and she did a "This is How We Met" series a ways back - which I LOVED. You should go find it and read all the stories.
- Because of THIS POST, and yes the caps were intentional, I think I am adding It Just Gets Stranger to my reading list as well. Because seriously, THAT POST was awesome and oh so true.
What I'm Looking Forward To
- CHRISTMAS!!!! Need I say more?
- Visiting my Knight after Christmas. I can't wait!
- Christmas shopping... my new internship is located just down the road from not one but TWO malls (one indoor and one outdoor) and on my drive I pass up Michaels and Target and Home Goods and Hobby Lobby and - well, for a country girl who is used to driving past corn and bean fields, having so many places to shop scattered oh so conveniently along my route is incredible. The highlight is a big, beautiful Barnes and Noble very close to my office building....
- Christmas music. I held off until the day after Thanksgiving, and now all stations and CDs are fair game! Hurray!
- Sherlock is coming baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!! It's only been TWO STINKEN' YEARS.
- The Hobbit part 2 is coming out oh so very soon!
What I'm Laughing AboutAnd that is all that I have been into! Want to share what you've been into? Stop by Leigh's blog and share!