1. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Hmm, this is a really tough one.... one piece of advice that stands out at me is a bit of relationship advice that I got from a dear friend, that can really be applied to any relationship you have. When someone is really down, or upset, having a bad day, and they aren't ready to talk about it, it's okay to step back and let them have their space. Let them know from time to time that you're there when they are ready.
2. What was the best book you read in 2014?
Ooh... that's another good question. I think I'm going to have to go with What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Allegient (of the Divergent trilogy) was awesome, but just too frustrating and sad. What Alice Forgot was a brilliant piece of writing and an incredibly engaging story.
3. What is your first memory of being really happy/excited about something?
Is it weird to say that I can't remember my first memory? Hmm. I remember when Sister T was born... but all I remember of that was getting orange juice from the cafeteria. So that doesn't really count. I have vague memories of being really excited to get the new Beanie babies when they came out... I collected a ton of those, haha. It's all bits and pieces but nothing that stands out from a very early age.
4. If you could walk into a book and make a permanent home there, what would it be? It doesn't necessarily have to exist in the real world.
How can I choose just one place???? Well, I think I would like to live in Pride and Prejudice, somewhere close to Pemberly. Or even just at Pemberly. And then I'm going to cheat a little on this question and say that I would like a vacation home in Rohan, and before marrying and settling down at Pemberly, I'd like to live in 221B Baker Street with a good friend of mine who is much prettier than I am ;-) And we'd plan celebrations and stuff to celebrate Sherlock Holmes exploits and triumphs.
5. What is a food you have read about but never eaten that you have since wanted to try? This one doesn't have to necessarily exist in the real world either.
Pretty much anything that is described in the Redwall books. There was one plum dessert that was always particularly tantalizing... gosh, that guy had a magnificent and tormenting knack for describing food.
6. What do you love most about your life?
My family. We don't always get along, but I love being part of a big family. People look at me cross-eyed when I say I'm the oldest of seven kids and make remarks along the lines of "Wow, glad that's not me!" but it is so much fun, and I honestly feel a little sad for people who don't have large families that all get along and have a great time together. It's very rare that someone in the house isn't laughing and you're never without someone to text or call over and be like "OH MY GOSH DID YOU HEAR/SEE THIS/GUESS WHAT!"
7. The Doctor has invited you to travel with him in the TARDIS. The whole of time and space is available to you. Where would you go, and why?
Oh my... hmm. I think I'd like to go back to the Civil War and visit the Confederates, in particular Robert E. Lee. He's always been one of my heroes and I would just love to sit down and just talk for a few hours. And then after that I'd beg the Doctor to let me visit Tolkien as well, and spy in on a meeting of the Inklings. Now that would be amazing.
8. Of all the wild species of birds and animals you have yet to see, which one would you like to encounter? As in, not in a zoo.
Hmm... as slightly terrified as I think I might be, I'd love to come across a wolf. They are such elegant, beautiful animals and the howls of a wolf are a pretty incredible sound, in a spine chilling way. I can only imagine what it'd be like to hear it out in the wild.
9. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
Traditionally we go to mass in the morning, breakfast with one side of the family and then dinner with the other side. I can't recall which side is which this time.
10. Make up a question and answer it.
My made up question: If you had a sitcom based on your life, what would it be called? Sunny with a Chance of Mood Swings. Honestly, that's the first thing I came up with.... I kinda like it though. I want Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone to co-star in it with me, with guest appearances by Mindy Kaling.
And I now nominate:
Megan at Be Brave
Rebecca at God's Little Princess
Teresa at *Insert Something Clever*
Victoria at The Kitchen Sink
Jansina at Thilly Little Nothings
Katherine at Revisiting Brideshead
As for your questions... *drumroll*
1. If you had a sitcombased on your life, what would it be called?
2. What food is on the top of your list of things you will never, ever, in a million years eat, and why?
3. It's your wedding and your maid-of-honor got appendicitis at the last minute and can't fill in. Who would you pick to replace her? (Does not have to be a real person)
4. A fairy pops up and says that you will be cursed to live in a musical for the rest of your life. She's nice though, and allows you to choose which musical. What one would you pick?
5. If you go trick-or-treating/go to a Halloween party this year, who are you going to dress up as?
6. You're at a concert, and your favorite singer ever pulls you up on stage for a duet. What concert are you at and what song do you sing?
7. What currently running TV show would you love to be a guest star in? What would your character be?
8. What was your favorite song to sing/listen to when you were little? (as in, younger than 10)
9. What is the homeschooling stereotype that you hate the most?
10. Where do you like to sing more, in the shower or driving in the car?