October 2, 2014

Today, I...



Today, I had the day off.  I didn't do much in the way of homework (read, nothing, except the menu I'm sort of reviewing now), but that's okay, because was doing other things.  Like life.

Today, I re-payed my sister for borrowing her camera when I traveled East for my Knight's graduation by taking her out to lunch.  We went to Chipotle and it was amazing, as usual.

Today, I stopped by Barnes and Noble afterwards with her and ended up buying two new books because I can't go into a bookstore without getting something.  I got Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling, and If I Stay by Gail Forman.

Today, I went to my guitar lesson, and felt like I am actually starting to accomplish something and get somewhere.

Today, I realized how glad I am to be Catholic, and how deeply I treasure my faith.  I thought about how people leave the faith, and how incomprehensible that is to me.  I can't imagine not praying the Rosary, I can't imagine not having the Saints to turn to and ask favors of. I can't imagine not looking at the Eucharist and not just believing, but knowing, that Christ is there.

Today, I had a friend over and got to use the beautiful tea set that I received for my birthday for the very first time. It was so nice to catch up, relax for a little bit and talk about what's going on in our lives.

Tonight, I am enjoying the quiet and the occasional soft patter of the rain outside.  I have a Hazelnut Latte candle lit on the table beside me, because I recently got over my fear of matches and got in touch with my inner pyromaniac and now light candles all the time.

Tonight, I am thinking of working on a menu I am planning for my catering class.  Except planning menus makes me hungry, and we don't have anything good to snack on.

Tonight, I am contemplating starting the Gilmore Girls, a show I have heard much about, and never watched, and that is now so conveniently on Netflix.

Today, and tonight, have been a good day.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a peaceful post. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just started watching Gilmore Girls tonight, and I'm on episode 6 and loving it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!