October 1, 2009

Happy Feast Day to the Little Flower


Today for Saint Therese's feast day my family, some friends and I made a pilgrimage to a Shrine dedicated to her. There was a Mass, we walked through the little museum, watched a short video about her and attended a talk by a Carmelite brother.

It's amazing when you stop and think about it - how well known Saint Therese is around the world. The brother stated in his talk, Therese is probably the most popular saint in the world. I can believe it, so many girls are named after her, so many churches... if people only know about one saint, chances are it's Saint Therese. About 400 people came to the mass today - an 11:30 Mass... on a Thursday!

And what really makes you stop and wonder in awe is when you find out that only 30 people came to Saint Therese's funeral.


Happy Feast Day Saint Therese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!