September 25, 2009

September 25th

Today I was searching through the documents in the library when I came across two beautiful prayers. The manuscript was old and faded, but and though I could not see who they were written by, I could see that a person named Tolkien translated them into elvish. It's is very odd... here they are below.



Átaremma

Átaremma i ëa han ëa ·
Our father who art in heaven,
na airë esselyana aire esselya ·
hallowed be thy name,
aranielya na tuluva ·
thy kingdom come,
na carë indómelya cemendë tambë Erumandë :
thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven
ámen anta síra ilaurëa massamma ·
Give us this day our daily bread,
ar ámen apsenë úcaremmar sív' emmë apsenet tien i úcarer emmen.
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Álamë tulya úsahtienna mal ámë etelehta ulcullo :
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
násië - Amen.






Aia María

Aia María quanta Eruanno
Hail Mary full of grace,
i Héru as elyë
the Lord is with thee.
aistana elyë imíca nísi
Blessed art thou among women
ar aistana i yávë mónalyo Yésus
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Airë María Eruo ontaril
Holy Mary mother of God,
á hyamë rámen úcarindor
pray for us sinners
sí ar lúmessë ya firuvammë
now and in the hour of our death.
násië
Amen.



2 comments:

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!