September 29, 2009

September 29th

Today I am leaving Avallone for Alqualonde where I shall be staying for a year to advance in my studies and learn more of the history of Middle Earth. I shall miss my family, but they have promised to visit often. And I am sure my dear friends will not allow me to be lonely too often!

This last week has been quite a lovely one, and I shall remember it for a while. Before I leave for Alqualonde, I shall finish it off with a picnic. Today is the day that Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, Elrond and Galdriel left Middle Earth for Valinor. We shall be meeting with Elrond and Galadriel (how exciting!) for a little feast in celebration.

It is a bit of a bittersweet day, happy for me, because that is when I met them all, a bit sad for them, because they left many good friends behind. I have planned a song for our event, which I think fits well for all of us as we continue on.

Namarie!




2 comments:

  1. Rose(or should I say Silmarien),
    I really enjoyed your "Tolkien Week" posts. I hope you all do it again next year! Those videos were really sweet. I am a Frodo fanatic but I love the one of Sam too. I mean Sam is after all the biggest Frodo fanatic of all! -Ardhoniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose. I wanted to know if you could put a playlist on our blog. I beg you! I implore you to put a playlist on our blog!http://dainandpippin.blogspot.com/ Paeeaeaeaeaeaeaeasssssse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boooooohooooooo!

    ~Lady Hannah
    If you say O.K. I will tell you what songs to put on. Pleaeaeaeaeassssse!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!