April 3, 2014

Funny How Things Work Out

First - sorry y'all for my sudden silence!  Life's been life and my recent streak of wanting to blog every day went *poof* and I haven't had the time or motivation to think about something.  However, when life hands you the perfect blogging topic - you blog about it!

The other day, the randomest of happenstances happened.  And I met a friend I'd only ever known via the interwebs online.  And it was AWESOME! 

Said friend hails from the far northern state of Alaska, and as such obviously doesn't get down this way too often.  As it turns out however, she has family that lives in the Chicagoland area as well!  The other day, she posted on Facebook that she was flying down, but alas only over night before going on to a different state for a conference.  We sadly agreed that next time we'd have to finally meet up.

Then one thing started to lead to another.  She posted a status saying she was going out to dinner at a restaurant just down the street from where I worked.  I asked "Oh hey, do your relatives live in that are?"  She replied "Why yes!  They live here!"

Turns out her grandma only lives 15 minutes away from my grandma. Small world!

I said "Oh drat, I was just there this morning to stow my guitar before I went to work! I was 15 minutes away!"  Unfortunately for us, by the time I got off work she would already be at the airport.  So then I asked.... "Wait, which highway do you take to the airport?"  My office backs right up to one of the highways, and lo and behold that was the one she was taking!

We thought we were going to have to settle for me sending her a picture of the place where I work and her waving at me as they drove past.  Until....

I got one text message saying that her flights were all confused and she might be staying another day.  Then I got another one that said "So, I don't have to leave until tomorrow - have time to come pick me up and take me back to my grandma's?"  I had just gotten off work, I had enough time before I had to pick up my guitar from my grandma's and head off to lessons... so I "Yes!"

And that, dear readers is how I finally met my dear lovely friend from Alaska.

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! I LOVE being able to meet up with distant friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just LOVE hearing about instances such as this. :) So great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Divine Intervention and flights being canceled! :) So glad you get to see each other!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!