April 26, 2014

Get this Party Started!

As I may have mentioned before, I'm currently in school pursing an Associates in Meeting and Special Event planning, and today as a big day because my class is running an actual event!  I took an Event Planning class this semester and due to a request for help from the Psychology department a few years ago, it's an awesomely hands on learning experience.  Every year the Psych department hosts an Anti-Stigma Symposium (previously an awards show, this year an educational event and awards show) to break down stigma related to mental health issues, depression, sexual abuse, and the like and recognize some amazing and powerful projects created by students - projects often based on their own experiences or the experiences of loved ones.

It's been a hectic, sometimes stressful semester, but at last the big day is here.  As a plus, this is our final and so after day - no more class! Yay!  I'm off in a few minutes to head on over to school and start setting up and decorating, so I'll keep the rest of this post short for now.  I'm a little nervous as to how it will all play out, but I think we have a pretty good handle on things and everything will turn out great.

I'll be back in the next day or two with pictures!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a super interesting event...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say I got listen to some of the talks/see the presentation excerpts - but alas! I was too busy running around behind the scenes. When I do my follow up post I will include the link to their website, and I think the projects for this year are up on there already.

      Delete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!