November 22, 2009

Feast of Christ the King



Today is the feast of Christ the King, an important feast in the Catholic Church, as well as the end of the liturgical year. It follows naturally that I would write today's poem about Our Lord. I'm afraid it is not very good, but I hope it will please Him.

All give hail to our glorious King
Majesty He is, peace He brings
In resplendent array He comes
King of our hearts, King of our homes
With glad voices His praises sing.

With mercy for every being
Can't you see Him kind smiling?
Arms wide open and warm welcome
King of our Hearts

He makes an end of suffering
No more will we feel death's sharp sting
No better place then His Kingdom
Such a King brings joy to thralldom
His love is here in everything
King of our Hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!