July 6, 2008

Remember Me

While thinking over again of the events I described in yesterdays post, I recalled this song, entitled "Remember Me", sung by Mark Shultz. The Little Flowers Catholic Dance and Theater Troupe featured this beautiful song in the 2007 performance, also called "Remember Me". (Yes, the play was named before we found the song... and the song went with the play so miraculously!)

Here are the lyrics:

Remember me
In a Bible cracked and faded by the years
Remember me
In a sanctuary filled with silent prayers

CHORUS:
And age to age
And heart to heart
Bound by grace and peace
Child of wonder, Child of God
I'll remember you
Remember Me

Remember me
When the color of the sunset fills the sky
Remember me
When you pray and the tears of joy
fall from your eyes

CHORUS

Remember me
When the children leave
their Sunday school with smiles
Remember me
When they're old enough to teach
Old enough to preach
Old enough to leave

CHORUS

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God

Remember me

Age to age and heart to heart
Child of wonder child of God.


The rest of the songs were chosen for various reasons. "Samwise the Brave", in honor of Marc's bravery and heroism in saving his sister, and then dying in an attempt to save his father. "Time To Say Goodbye"... well, for reasons given in the title. "Heaven", because hopefully that is where Marc and Thom are now. "Into the West", well, if you have ever payed attention to the lyrics, you know why. "Remember Me" by Josh Groban is not the same song as the other Remember Me, but has equally beautiful lyrics which I shall post tomorrow. "You Raise Me Up", because also by Josh Groban, because that song is one of the most beautiful and hopeful songs I have ever heard, and it always helps me "when I am down."

I hope that when you hear these songs, you will think of Marc and Thom and remember to say a prayer for their souls and for their family and friends.

4 comments:

  1. Please keep little Andrew in your prayers. He is a five year old little boy who was just diagnosed with stage 4 (the worst) stomach cancer. Please also keep the family in your prayers during this hard time.
    We are especially praying for Andrew’s cure through the intersession of Servant of God Paul Murphy.
    Check out more about Paul Murphy at: http://www.paulmurphymj.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamma, what a beautiful post on Marc and Thom. It is so sad. I'm so very glad to hear that Marc was able to have Confession before he passed away.

    And such lovely songs you chose. I was thinking of doing the same thing! We truly are related, then!

    I'm so glad you are back! *hugs her*

    P.S. I took the Jane Austen qiz and I'm Elizabeth Bennet too!

    Much love,
    your dearest daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Daughter! *hugs* Yes, we are truly related I believe!
    And since you are also Lizzy... that confirms it!

    Much Love,
    Your Mamma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying Veronica!

    Yes, we are, Mamma!

    Much love,
    Raewyn

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!