October 28, 2008

Civil War Days

A week and three days ago, my family and some friends were blessed to be able to attend the annual Civil War Reenactment in our area. Here are the photos from the event! (All taken by me, myself, and I.)

Er... well, except for this one, 'cause me, myself and I is in it. This one was taken by my dear mother, but the rest are taken by me! By I? By myself? I took them? Anyhow, it was really fun to be able to dress up and walk around the battlefield and camp even though my costume is not historically accurate. Everyone else said it looked perfect, but I knew that it wasn't correct. Ah well.
This was the sign by the Chaplin's tent. It was really neat to see a Catholic Priest at the reenactment. It was kind of funny, because the man was a Catholic Priest.. reenacting as a Catholic Priest!

The Union Camp

Confederate Artillery


The Battle. The Union troops won the day.

The priest attending the wounded in the field

GENERALS!!!!! I didn't get a shot of any Union generals, but these gentleman more than made up for it... even though they would not look at the camera!
General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson. It was so neat how much he looked like him!

General Robert E. Lee!!!!
Alas, no sign of his dashingly handsome aide Colonel Taylor.




My favorite kind of photography... sepia. It adds such a nice old time look, don't you think?



This gun is 'Lady Molly'. While the wheels and all were replica's, the barrel is the real thing. Honestly... they were! Er, are! One of the soldiers told us that 'Lady Molly' was one of the guns used during Sherman's March to Atlanta and was fired in the battles of Atlanta, Chickamauga and Chattanooga. Pretty neat!



6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I miss our old Civil War reenactments! I haven't been to one for five or six years, but I have such fond memories.

    The pictures are absolutely beautiful, Lady Rose, and so are you young ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO COOL!!!!!! You have no idea how jealous I am! I've never been to a reanactment, but I want to sometime :(

    Why you no been posting on my blog?? Waaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you admit you look great in the costume! Yes, I know...even I can't seem to fit in historically with any period. But the photos came out great! We have an annual Civil War Reenactment over in Lincoln, R.I. Though I missed this year's.

    GAH!!! I hate it how at the Reenactments never allow for a Confederate Victory! It makes my blood boil to see such noble gray turn to red. :'( *sniff and removes hat* A moment of silence for our fallen heroes!

    Actually, the FTF's Miss Eliza Bennet participates as a volunteer in some reenactments. She attended the one I mentioned in Lincoln this year. Well, I'm out of words to say... For Dixie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, actually... I think the Confederates won the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lady Rose,
    What nice pictures. We have not been to a reenactment in some years now. But they are so much fun! We had several gentlemen coming up to us and complementing us on our dresses and How Nice It Was to See Women Modestly Dressed! How 'bout that?! It was at Chickamauga about 7 or 8 years ago.
    Perhaps we will go again one day.
    God bless
    +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is this reenactment? How 'bout some more pictures of the ladies? :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!