April 10, 2009

Good Friday - The Stations of the Cross



XIII. Station

Jesus is taken down from the cross.


V. We adore, Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.


Meditation

Jesus did not descend from the cross, but remained on it until He died. And when taken down from it, He, in death as in life, rested on the bosom of His divine Mother. Persevere in your resolutions of reform and do not part from the cross: he who persevereth to the end shall be saved. Consider, moreover, how pure the heart should be that receives the body and blood of Christ in the adorable Sacrament of the Altar.


Prayer

O Lord Jesus! Thy lifeless body, mangled and lacerated, found a worthy resting-place on the bosom of Thy Virgin Mother. Have I not often compelled Thee to dwell in my heart, despite its unworthiness to receive Thee? Create in me a new heart, that I may worthily receive Thy most sacred body in holy communion, and that Thou mayest remain in me and I in Thee, for all eternity.

Our Father, etc.; Hail Mary, etc.


V. Lord Jesus, crucified:

R. Have mercy on us!


XIV. Station

Jesus is laid in the sepulcher.


V. We adore, Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.


Meditation

The body of Jesus is interred in a stranger’s sepluchre. He who in this world had not whereupon to rest His head would not even have a grave of His own, because He was not of this world. You who are so attached to the world henceforth despise it, that you may not perish with it.


Prayer

O Jesus! Thou hast set me apart from the world: what, then, shall I seek therein? Thou hast created me for heaven; what, then, shall I have to do with the world? Depart from me, deceitful world, with thy vanities! Henceforth I will follow the way of the cross traced out for me by my Redeemer, and journey onward to my heavenly home, there to dwell forevermore.

Our Father, etc.; Hail Mary, etc.


V. Lord Jesus, crucified:

R. Have mercy on us!


~ "The Stations of the Cross" taken from 'The Catholic Girls Guide' by Father Lasance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!