January 25, 2010

Defender

A week or so ago, I was browsing through various threads on The Forum, I re-discovered a certain thread called "A Song for Rose" in which members could post songs that they thought fit all or any part of Regina's book "Waking Rose".  The gentleman who started the thread had posted the lyrics to a song called 'Defender", a song that he thought could have been written for Waking Rose.  At the time I was in browse mode, so I didn't really read the lyrics, merely skimmed his comments and went on to the next page.

A few days later on my friend's blog, I read a post that she did about some songs that she added to her playlist.  "Defender" was one of them.  Again, at the time I didn't pay much attention to it, though I think I might have actually gone and skimmed the lyrics.  A bit later, I was working on some project or another, wanted some music to listen to, was tired of the music on my blog and so decided to listen to the music on my friend's blog.  As long as I was listening to music, I found the song "Defender" and listened to it.

All I can say is: What a song!  It isn't exactly the style I listen to all the time (and having taken a peek at their albums, I won't necessarily recommend them) , but it's an amazing song none the less.  The lyrics are from the point of view of a young man who's love is, we're assuming, in a coma.

They say this cause is lost
And she will not return to me
They say that she is gone
And this is just a shell unliving



What I love the most about this song - in addition to it being the perfect theme song for "Waking Rose" - is the nobleness, the hope, the chivalry that it contains.

And through the dark of the morning
She fades, but I will not leave here
Fight back the demons around us
Love lives, and I will defend her


While I would love to give you all a link to a YouTube video with this song I'm afraid that there are none that I would enjoy recommending.  So instead, you can go HERE to read the lyrics, and to listen to this song, all you have to do is go down to St. Cecilia's Music Box.  I just added it, so it should be the song on the bottom of the list.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally listened to it...it's such an amazing song! And thanks for mentioning my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!