May 10, 2010

Happy Feast Day!

Today is Father Damien of Molokai's first feast day as a Saint!  A fact, I believe, worthy of mention.  So Happy Feast Day... SAINT Damien!

Prayer to St. Damien
Damien, brother on the journey,
happy and generous missionary,
who loved the Gospel more than your own life.
who for love of Jesus left your family, your
homeland, your security and your dreams.
Teach us to give our lives
with a joy like yours,
to be in solidarity with the outcasts of the world,
to celebrate and contemplate the Eucharist
as the source of our own commitment.
Help us to love to the very end
and, in the strength of the Spirit, to persevere in
compassion
for the poor and forgotten
so that we might be
good disciples of Jesus and Mary.
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I just started a book and movie blog and I'm trying to find the perfect combination of cutestblogontheblock background and blogger.com template. Would you mind telling me what template you use?
    Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Hydra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured out your template. Thanks anyway! :)
    Hydra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I love reading your blog so I decided to award you the Sunshine Award!
    http://faithfulcatholicgirl.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award.html

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!