July 26, 2010

Top Three Hans Zimmer Film Scores

Dear Blog Readers,
I am in need of your input and assistance for an article I am writing about Hans Zimmer.  Don't know who he is?  Well, if you've seen any of the films listed in the poll to your left, you should.  And if by some bizarre reason you haven't seen any of those movies, you are bound to have seen one of his other works - I mean, the guy composed 130 films, you had to have seen one of them!

But anyhow, I'm writing an article about his music and I wanted to focus on three of his film scores (because I can't talk about or listen to 130 of them.) The ones I listed are the ones that I have heard all or at least pieces of and therefore they would be the easiest for me to write about.  However, if there is a film score (by Hans Zimmer) that I have NOT listed and you think should be on there, click the "other" button and then leave me a comment with the title and why you like the score.  The top three will get the most coverage in my article for the October Ink and Fairydust.

Thanks for helping me out and vote soon!  Procrastinator that I am, I have only less than one week to write...
The poll will be open all this week, but I'll probably take the top three by Wednesday/Thursday, unless on Friday something drastically changes.

Thanks Again!

6 comments:

  1. I voted for Gladiator simply because it was one of the first soundtracks I was familiar with. I am very finicky about Zimmer's compositions. Gladiator is good, but at times it lacks the real umph of a full orchestra. I've noticed the same thing with some of the other films he composed.

    Inception is by far a major improvement, but at the same time I've only listened to it a few times online and it hasnt rubbed in on me yet. There are some similarities between that soundtrack and that of Ennio Morricone from some of his older westerns, which proves interesting because Zimmer is literally building off of one of the greats.

    By the way, is this for I&F? If so, can you email me the info about it? Im lost in regards to what the topics are for the articles. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no mention of Batman? I would heartily recommend both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, soundtrack-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to include Inception, well you really don't have to if you don't want to, but it is awesome. Same goes for The Lion King, and Pirates. Now you know how I voted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Paul - Yes this is for I&F. I can e-mail you the original list, but I have no idea what the current status of article claims is. =P

    @ Carpe - Sorry, I haven't heard them, that's why I didn't list them. I will have to listen to them sometime thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda,
    As usual, this has nothing to do with the post, as do all of my comments,(I really could make a living of this sort of commenting!), but does have to do with the blog, Rose in bloom itself, I fear, nay, am shocked to remember that we have indeed forgotten Pirate week! As you know it has been our somewhat strange tradition for the past three years I think, and I would loath to miss it this time. Since I think we have missed it, I humbly submit that it begin this sunday, the 15th. Please inform me if you would wish to change times.I will wait as long as possible before I, and my sisters most likely, begin the Pirate week 2010! Glorious is it not!

    The Scarlet Pimpernel

    P.S. I crave you gracious indulgence for not commenting on the said post. (by the by, I vote Gladiator all the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched "Over the Hedge" last night, and in the credits I saw Hans Zimmer as the music maker person (I TOLD myself I would remember the official name but I CAN'T!!!)... but yeah. As soon as I saw his name I thought of this blog!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!