September 28, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday - Vol. 5


1.
It is now officially fall, as of last Saturday.  Hurray!  After how hot this past summer was here in IL... I am ready for the cool fall weather.  It's been mostly in the low 70s and upper 60s - heaven after months of 90s and 100!  I'm slowly starting to get out my fall clothing, enjoying being able to drink tea, and wearing all my fun scarves.

2.
Sister 2 has been reading Les Miserables for school, and so on my last trip to the library I picked up the original cast highlights from the musical CD.  I'd gotten it a while ago and fell in love, but it wasn't until this time around that the Les Miz love spread to other members of the family.  I've never seen the musical performed before... but I am SO excited for the film adaption coming out in December!  I think that it will end up being an incredible production, and I am eager to hear how the music turns out.

3.
From An Edible Mosaic
Twice this week I have tried out two Pinterest recipes, and they both turned out splendidly!  Monday morning is muffin/coffee cake/breakfast bread morning at our house, and so I made Pumpkin and Cheese Spice Bread.  It was the perfect breakfast bread... a little bit of sweetness in the pumpkin, but muted by the cream cheese topping to keep it from being too sweet.


4.
photo from Erin's Food Files
Photo from Erin's Food Files
The second recipe was Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles.  (Can you tell I have a thing for pumpkin and cream cheese?)  I made this dessert yesterday as part of the "Desert-a-Month Club" that we give to our grandparents as a Christmas gift every year.  Each month for the whole year they get a homemade dessert.  This one was pretty simple to make, and it came out tasting delicious!

5.
There is sadness and potential tears on the TV horizon... tomorrow will be the airing of the fifth episode of this seasons Doctor Who, and we will see the final departure of the Ponds.  Amy and Rory have been around for two and a half-ish seasons now, and I've spent longer with them than any of the other companions.  I am excited for the new companion at Christmas.... but yeah.  This is going to be sad.  

6.
On a happier TV note - season two of Once Upon a Time starts on Sunday! OUaT really hit its stride about mid-season last year, and from what I've seen and read, it sounds like they haven't dropped the ball on this one.  We'll get to see Storybrooke with the magic returned and several new characters like Captain Hook, Mulan and Sleeping Beauty.  I am quite thrilled to discover what will happen next.

7.

Your Little Princess Costume Design , a small business that I co-operate with my friend Elizabeth, will shortly be announcing the addition of four new designs to our pre-designed costume line!  If you haven't seen our designs that we have already, I encourage you to check them out!  Elizabeth is an incredible seamstress and artist, and the dresses she's imagined are really lovely.  If you like what you see, and you have a little princess of your own - then please consider interviewing us or featuring us on your blog!  In return, we'll give you 10% off the dress order of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!