December 20, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

As I write this, the first snowstorm of the year - in fact, the first snow at all - is fast approaching.  This morning started out at a warm 50 degrees and rain, but the temperature is steadily falling as the snow approaches.  After a month of up and down temperatures, grass that is still growing, and many days in which coats were unnecessary, it really is starting to look a lot like Christmas.

It is finally beginning to feel like Christmas as well.  I do think the lack of that special, Decemberish, Christmasy chill in the air has had a lot to do with the fact that I have been forgetting that Christmas is coming.  I have been struggling to get in the spirit of it... been missing that excitement and joy that I have had every year in years past... been missing the desire to prepare gifts or listen to Christmas music.  It is depressing to say the least.  When we set up all our decorations... well, it was probably the most lifeless decorating session we have ever done.

Yet in the last day or it has begun to feel a little more like Christmas.  The Christmas decorations around the house are no doubt helping me to get in the spirit, as well as the realization of it's closeness.  I am getting more excited, slowly but surely.  I am not fully there yet, but it's coming.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!