February 9, 2013

Gearing up for Lent

Yep, it is that time of year again.  Time to figure out what kind of penance I'll be doing for Lent.  What am I giving up?  Is there anything extra that I will be doing?

I will of course be participating in the penances that my family does together.  And I do have a few things in mind for personal penances.  For something to do... there is a 40 Days for Life campaign going on at the abortion clinic a couple of towns over.  I am considering signing up for one day, or at least once or twice, depending on what the gas budget allows for driving.

My mom passed along an idea that she got from a friend of hers, that sounds like a beautiful plan.  For every day of Lent, have a particular intention, and offer up all of your penances that day for that one intention.  That will help to give the sacrifice more meaning, and you more motivation to stick with what you are giving up/doing.  (I know that I don't do all that well with sticking with Lenten penances!)

I plan on doing that, so if you have any intentions that you would like me to pray for during Lent, please feel free to leave them in the combox.  You can leave it with your name, or anonymous is fine with me.  I'd be more than happy to pray for you!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, what a beautiful idea that really draws the Church Militant together during the season!

    Please pray for me and Peter as we continue to prepare for our marriage,

    and for my fellow classmates as they try to finish their senior theses.

    God bless you, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep both of those intentions in my prayers! (and truthfully, you and Peter were already on my list of intentions!)

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!