July 24, 2014

A Quiet Day Off


By what surely was a miraculous set of circumstances, I had the day off of both of my jobs today and absolutely nothing else on the schedule.  It's been beautiful.  This morning I attended Mass, went to my guitar lesson stopped by the library on my way home to pick up just a few books....


...Then I listened to Ed Sheeran and painted a birdhouse that I plan on giving to my cousin as a continue-to-get-well gift...


... and then while it dried, I sat outside under a tree with a book and my Kindle so I could chat with my Knight...


... and I slowly sipped a glass of lemonade with a few sprigs of fresh mint leaves in them out of a mason jar, because drinking out of a mason jar always feels so country and fun and mint leaves in lemonade are the bomb...


... and then I came inside and had some ice cream because Bro A and my mom had had the last two ice cream sandwiches, and he felt bad that I didn't get one, and I drank a lovely cup of fresh brewed coffee...


... and now I think I will go back to reading, enjoy dinner with my parents and whatever siblings happen to be home at the time, and then tonight head out to my young adult group that I haven't been to in ages and listen to the How to Train Your Dragon 2 soundtrack that came today along the way... and end my day with good music, good friends and a good time with Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, what a delicious and peaceful day. The weather is so mild today that I might grab some books and knitting and take a page from your book. I could do with some relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!