August 7, 2009

The Anti-Muffin Award


"Kittens are muffins in ovens and puffins."

Suzy interrupted and said, "They'd all have to be exactly alike, each one just like the other, instead of all different like Prunewhip's kittens."

John said, suddenly serious, "I'd hate that. But that's what a lot of people want - everybody the same like a row of muffins."
~ from "Meet the Austins"


One of the many book's i've read over the summer was "Meet The Austins" by Madeline L'Engle. It's quite a charming and ofttimes funny tale, one that i recommend if you're looking for a fun, light read.

Anyhows, in the midst of the book is a chapter with a most intriguing title: "The Anti-Muffins". You see, the Austin children have a club - the anti-muffin club.

"Uncle Douglas says it will help us avoid the dangers of conformity."

Izz lay on her back... "Your Uncle Douglas is nice, but most of the time I don't know what he's talking about."

"All he means is that you shouldn't be afraid to be yourself, even if it means being different.
"


And so that inspired me to create a blogging award for those bloggers out there who are decidedly "Anti-Muffins". Bloggers who promote what they believe without hesitation and without fear of possible negative feedback. Bloggers who don't conform to the world's standards. Bloggers like...

Signa Veritae
Catholic Discussion
Catholicism Rediscovered
Lily Maiden
The Catholic Young Women
Victory Rose for Christ
Totus Tuus


Enjoy your award and be sure to pass it along to bloggers who you think are Anti-Muffins too!


4 comments:

  1. That is so cool, and it has a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mamma Rose! Eep, I know! I'm counting down the days eagerly!!! *faints of excitement* :D

    *sigh* I'm afraid I'm not very Anti-Muffin, but everyone else you listed certainly are! ;) I vote you should receive it as well, dearest Mamma, for you are decidely Anti-Muffin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!

    @ Raewyn, thank you m'dear for your nomination, but i'm afraid i do tend to think overmuch about what others think of me. *sighs* 'Tis a failing i am working on.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!