July 27, 2012

Meet Kenny

About a year ago I developed a mild interest in wanting to learn to play the guitar, but that faded away for a little bit as I went through the busyness of fall term at college and then the whole drama of leaving school and settling all of that, and trying to find a job before I was going to have to start paying off my loans.  

Once life settled back down, that desire came back and I decided that I was going to save up to someday buy a guitar. I thought it would take me months, at the least, to save up enough money.  I had done some research, and the cheapest guitars I could find were well over a hundred dollars.

I told my Knight about my plans, and he mentioned that his father had an old guitar that he was planning to sell on eBay, and he could check and see how much it would cost, if I was interested.  Of course I was, and was ecstatic when my Knight told me it would be a whole lot less then a new guitar.  Now all I had to do was to figure out how to ship it... a few days before my Knight flew out to visit me, I brought it up again and asked if he thought it would work as a carry on, and he said he would look into it but he wasn't sure if that would work.

When my Knight flew in, his connecting flights had gotten a bit messed up which caused him to miss his original flight, nearly miss his second and his luggage to come in on a third.  We waited for the flight with his luggage to come in and when it did I dropped him off to go in and claim it.  He had said that he had two pieces of luggage, and I suspected that one of them might be the guitar, but I didn't ask. 

He came back out with his suitcase and the guitar case.  I took it from him with a huge grin, at which point he told me that I didn't need to worry about paying for it, because he was giving it to me as an anniversary gift.  
Needless to say, I have the best boyfriend in the entire world.


It's a gorgeous guitar, and in wonderful condition considering the fact that the airport destroyed the case... as in literally destroyed... we got it home and the whole thing fell apart... but the guitar survived without a scratch on it, and the sound is gorgeous.  


I'm not typically in the habit of naming inanimate objects, but right away a name for my awesome guitar popped into my head.  His name is officially Kenny.




1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for your Knight! Guitar is SO much fun. And you look so totally cute with it! A perfect match. *hugs*

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!