October 5, 2012

7 Quick Takes - Vol 6


1.
First off.. a little bit of a promotional! My friend Elizabeth and I started up a business of designing and creating custom costumes for little girls from toddler up through about age thirteen.  You may have noticed my link to it up at the top of my blog... Your Little Princess Costume Design.  We don't have all the details finalized yet, but within the next few weeks we'll be announcing a Costume Giveaway... the lucky winner will get 50% off of the dress of their choice!  So keep an eye out for the official announcement coming soon!

2.
My family and I listened to the Presidential debate Wednesday night on the radio.  It was kind of neat, doing it that way.  Other than that... yeah. We listened to it.  Pretty much what I expected.  And... I'm not terribly political so that's about all I have to say on that subject. Because really... I am of the opinion that until it is made illegal, abortion is the greatest and only issue when it comes to choosing who I will vote for.  In a situation where one candidate is pro-life (a little is better than nothing at all) and one candidate is not, I will always vote for the one who is more pro-life.  Once abortion is illegal, then I will be concerned about the other issues.  Because none of them matter if you aren't alive.

3.
This week on Pinterest.....!!!!  I actually haven't tried any new recipes this week.  Shocking, I know.  However this Brown-Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake with Chocolate Shortbread Crust is high up on my list of desserts to try out this fall.  It looks soooo good....


4.

The weather has been pretty lovely around here lately... in the 60s or low 70s... cool, crisp.  And then yesterday was nearly 80, reminding me of how lovely that temperature can be.  Today.... predicted high of 54.  How do we go from 80 to 54 degrees?  Oh well - hot chocolate and tea and favorite sweaters from last fall and jeans to the rescue!
5.
Once Upon a Time is back!  I finally got the chance to watch the first episode this past Tuesday and... just wow.  This was a strong opening episode, making me hope all the more that OUaT will maintain the high levels of awesomeness that it attained mid-way through Season 1.  We got to meet three new characters and see many of our old favorites - including Snow, Charming and Emma's reunion as a family.  Without giving anything away... I thought that the explanation as to why everyone is still in Storybrooke and how the season will be able to continue with both the Fairy Tale World and Our World was very well done.  I won't say anymore, you must go and watch it yourself!  (But only if you've finished Season 1 - definitely watch and finish Season 1 before you go onto Season 2.)

6.
A few months ago I became aware of this amazing sounding store relatively near to where I live.  I have not yet had the opportunity to visit said store, but I got my paycheck last Monday and as soon as my friend and I can figure out a day, we shall venture forth to explore the magical world of Half Price Books.  You may expect a full report of my findings once this mission has been accomplished.

7.
Yesterday The Piano Guys released their latest music video, "Titanium/Pavane".  This one is so beautiful, and sweeping and inspiring.  And it was filmed on the edge of the canyon.  These guys seriously need to go into the piano moving business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!