November 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday - Vol. 9


1.
Make that Quick Takes Saturday for this week... I usually start writing them up on Thursday, but it slipped my mind until last night when I saw got the e-mail for Jen's 7QT in my inbox.... at which point my mind thought it was once again Thursday night and said "Oh, well you can just write it all tomorrow, on Friday".  Until I woke up this morning and remembered that yesterday was Friday and today was Saturday.

2.
This year for Halloween I'd tossed around ideas such as a librarian or a reporter from the 1940s (my sister has this gorgeous period looking outfit), and also a candy corn at one point (I was going to find yellow tights, an orange skirt and a white top) and then decided on being Arwen.  My Knight had given me the Evenstar pendant as a Christmas gift last year, and my friends older sister had made Arwen's dying dress a number of years ago, so it was super easy to put together and worked out wonderfully!  I didn't go trick or treating, but I did wear it to an awesome Halloween party.


3.

Your Little Princess Costume Design is having a costume giveaway!  It's super easy to enter, and one lucky winner drawn at random will get a beautiful handmade dress for their little princess at a 50% discount.  Head on over to our website for more details! 
4.
Only three more days until Election Day!  At this point - I agree with this little girl here. 


5.
At first I wasn't going to do it, then I was, then I had a crazy November 1st and wasn't going to do it, then yesterday my friend Ella talked me into it - so yes, I am participating in NaNoWriMo!  (National Novel Writing Month for those of you who don't know).  I didn't have a plot or any characters thought out, but after a little help I decided to write up a modern re-telling of Jane Austen's Persuasion.  I love that book and I think it gets overlooked by Austen fans far too often.  I'm a little behind on the word count but as soon as I finish these quick takes I'll be off to see how many words I can knock out today.

6.
What's that?  A little excerpt from the story?  Well gosh, since you asked so nicely, sure!  Here ya go.

You do realize that I am going to love you forever.”
No... you say that now, but you'll move on. Everyone always does. This is what's best for us, what's best for you.”What's best for me? How can you say that after – you know what, fine. Go to school, follow whose ever dream that is for you. I know it's not yours. But whatever. I'll walk out of your life, like you are telling me to do and you won't ever have to see me again. I hope that's what you want.”You know it's not.”Then why Anne? Why are you doing this?”
The dramatic notes of a Beethoven ringtone broke into Anne's thoughts and scattered her memories. She nearly dropped her iced latte as she fumbled to snatch the phone out of the pocket of her jeans. Pressing the green 'answer' button, she put the phone up to her ear. “Hello?”
“ANNE,” a shrill voice made her jump and quickly pull the phone away. “I have been trying to reach you forever but this stupid phone connection keeps dropping on me. Ugh! I can't believe that Sprint hasn't fixed their network yet. I'm really thinking about switching to Verizon, I really am. My nerves can't handle all these dropped calls when I need -”
Anne held back a sigh. “Molls, what is it that you needed to talk to me about?”


7.

In closing... I was going to post a recipe I recently made, but then I saw this and I couldn't resist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!