April 4, 2013

Five Favorites - Vol 3


It's time for five favorites again!  

1.
Libraries.

Libraries are wonderful.  Libraries are awesome.  Did I mention how much I love libraries?  Whenever I visit a new town I can almost always end up finding the library, and frequently gasp in admiration at the size of the building and how many books must be inside.  Today libraries are currently coming in handy by providing a peaceful, quiet place to chill with my laptop in between destinations when it would take far to long to drive home and then go out again.

2.
This Mug


Is this not the coolest coffee thermos EVER?  It will be mine in just another day or two once the FedEx truck delivers it to my door.  Got it for $12.  Yep.  With free shipping.  You can get one too HERE.

3.
I Drive Your Truck
 

This song gets me every time.  It's a beautiful ballad about a guy who lost his brother in the Army... really pulls at your heart strings.

4.
Laughter
Reading funny things while in a library where you are supposed to be quiet is one of the hardest things to do. Don't believe me?  Drive to your local library, open this link and try it for yourself.

5.
Rapunzel Let Down


The new book by one of my favorite authors, Regina Doman, is available to order from Chesterton Press!  I had a chance to read Rapunzel prior to publishing, and it was the best book I've read in a long time.  It's based off the fairy tale of - you guessed it - Rapunzel.  Not to be confused with the story told in Disney's Tangled.  In the original Grimm's story there is an out of wedlock pregnancy and people falling out of towers and getting their eyes poked out with thorns and then wandering around in a dessert.  Yes, this book follows along with that plotline which makes it appropriate for an older audience then the rest of the Fairy Tale Novels.  But for the more mature readers, this is a book you do not want to miss.  It deals with chastity and the consequences of sex outside of marriage in a way that, honestly, no other novel out there does.  I'll say no more for now and save the official review until after I read it a second time so for now... go buy the book!


Want more Five Favorites?  Jump into the fun over at Moxie Wife.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!