April 30, 2013

I felt the urge to blog tonight

Mostly because I'm bored and have little else to do.  Please, dear readers, don't take offense.  I mean nothing against you.  Look at it as away for you to profit from my boredom.  I am providing something to fill your time/waste your time/aid in any procrastination you might be doing.

I'm bored because right now I don't have a book to read.  Sad, I know.  Over the last few weeks I've been tearing through The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.  Excellent, excellent series, especially if you love Sci-fi/fantasy stuff.  I suppose technically this would be fantasy.  Best part of the series?  It's set in Chicago. BOOKS ARE NEVER SET IN CHICAGO.  Honestly, my two favorite parts were when Harry Dresden (main character) ended up in the Bass Pro Shop that I've driven past (and ended up driving past that same day) and someone else was from a town 15 minutes down the road from where I live.*  Anyhow, I'm not reading that because I'm up to the most recently published book which I haven't been able to get from the library yet.
*Obligatory note that this is adult fiction, contains some language etc. etc.

Let's see... I've also been looking for a full time job.  I love where I work now, but it's part-time and that's just not working out anymore.  So far no real luck with that.  Le sigh.  All I can do is carry on with searching and trust that God will give me the perfect job when the time is right.

I just had several more ideas to ramble about in this not more than five minutes ago, and are any of them in my head anymore?  No! Of course not.  So very well, I will come up with new topics for you to waste time reading.  I've been watching The Voice online this season!  Love that TV show, and there are so many talented people on it.  Also - Blake Shelton is a judge, and he is so funny.  I remembered today that I saw him in concert back in '11, opening for Brad Paisley.  Sadly, I wasn't a huge BS fan then like I am now.  Which simply means I'll just have to go and see him again now that he has his own tours.

I shall end now, sweet reader, and leave you to other, more profitable forms of procrastination.  Before I depart though, I must beseech you and listen to "Hey Pretty Girl" by Kip Moore. If you do nothing else tonight, do that.  Such a sweet song.  Here, I'll even give you the link so you have no excuse not to.  "Hey Pretty Girl" - LISTEN TO THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!