January 15, 2014

So It Begins OR Have a Wonderful Journey

This Friday marks the day that a close friend of mine currently is getting married... the very first one.  No really! I haven't had any of my close friends get married yet.  Now one is.  And I have another one who is engaged.  And I'm eyeing some other friends who look rather suspiciously inclined in that direction.

And so it begins.

Its a little disconcerting, because that means we are all growing up.  I am realizing that there is a very real possibility that I will be married myself within the next few years.  We aren't kids anymore.

It's weird.  But it's exciting.

As much as I look back with wistfulness at my childhood, growing up is full of it's own adventures and experiences.  Yeah, life is a little more frustrating and stressful an as adult, but at the same time it's more rewarding too.  When you are young you don't have the perspective to appreciate and anticipate things the same way as you do when you are 'grown-up'.

My dear friend Elenatintil is getting married.  In my mind, I am still struggling to wrap my head around that fact.  Wasn't it only yesterday that we were meeting up for the first time when she was only 21 and I was 18?  (Oh gosh really? We were that young?)

We became friends online, and then this was taken at the first time we met in person =]

Now she's all grown up and getting married.  (In a funny coincidence - to a young man who grew up 20 minutes away from where I currently before moving out by her!)

At the premier of the movie version of "The Shadow of the Bear" that Elena directed

We've had our differences at times, but over the years have formed a strong friendship that I think is going to last us for a good long time.  She is a very wise young woman, and one that I know I can always turn to for some solid advice.

ReginaCon 2012

Also, can I mention here how happy I am that I actually have a photo of us together from each year since the first year that we met?  This is awesome.

Surprise visit after she and Nathan started dating!




It's a new chapter in both our lives.  Hers, obviously, as a married woman, and my first step into the age where we all start to grow up and get married and go wherever it is our lives are taking us.  As Bilbo used to say...

"It's a dangerous business Frodo, going out your front door. You step onto the road... and there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Elena, you are about to find out where the road is sweeping you off to, and I am sure it will be a beautiful and breathtaking journey.  I think you've picked out an excellent companion for your journey and I know the two of you will keep each other safe and sound.  Have a wonderful adventure.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Congratulations to Elena and her soon-to-be hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I never commented on this! This post is super special to me. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!