February 14, 2014

Some Thoughts of Love

But not mine.  Rather, in honor of Valentines' Day here is a small sampling of some of my favorite thoughts and quotes about love... enjoy!




 "Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare... perhaps, perhaps love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath." ~ Anne of Avonlea 






"I fell in love with him. But I don't stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me." 
 - Triss, "Allegiant" 



Amy Pond, "The Girl Who Waited"



"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." 
 — Robert A. Heinlein 








Gilbert: It'll be three years before I finish medical school. Even then there won't be any diamond sunbursts or marble halls. 
Anne: I don't want diamond sunbursts, or marble halls. I just want you.






Happy Valentine's Day!  

Do you have a favorite love quote/saying/song lyric? Feel free to share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. "The way to love anything is to realize it might be lost." ~JRR Tolkien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Amanda! "Keep love in your heart. Life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde. :)
    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: There are crickets on the blog. http://bit.ly/1iZ5cNy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!