March 15, 2009

The Stations of the Cross

III. Station

Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry His cross.


V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Meditation

Simon of Cyrene was compelled to assist Jesus in carrying His cross, and Jesus accepted his assistance. How willingly would He also permit you to carry the cross: He calls, but you hear Him not; He invites you, but you decline His invitation. What a reproach it is to bear the cross reluctantly!


Prayer

O Jesus! Whosoever does not take up his cross and follow Thee is not worthy of Thee. Behold, I will accompany Thee on the way of the cross; I will help Thee to carry the cross; I will walk in Thy bloodstained footsteps, and follow Thee, that I may be with Thee in life eternal.

Our Father, etc.; Hail Mary, etc.

V. Lord Jesus, crucified:

R. Have mercy on us!




VI. Station

Veronica wipes the face of Jesus.


V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!


Meditation

Veronica, impelled by devotion and compassion, wipes the face of the disfigured face of Jesus with her veil. And Jesus imprints on it His holy countenance: a great recompense for so small a service. What return do you make to your Savior for His great and manifold benefits?


Prayer

Most merciful Jesus! What return shall I make for all the benefits Thou didst bestow upon me? Behold I consecrate myself entirely to Thy service. I offer and consecrate to Thee my heart: imprint on it Thy sacred image, never again to be effaced. By sin.

Our Father, etc.; Hail Mary, etc.


V. Lord Jesus, crucified:

R. Have mercy on us!

"The Stations of the Cross", taken from the Catholic Girls Guide by Father Lasance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!