March 8, 2009

The Stations of the Cross

III. Station
Jesus falls the first time.

V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:
R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou has redeemed the world!

Meditation.
Our dear Savior carrying the cross was so weakened by its heavy weight as to fall exhausted to the ground. Our sins and misdeeds were the heavy burden which oppressed Him: the cross was to Him light and sweet, but our sins were galling and insupportable.

Prayer.
O My Jesus! Thou didst bear my burden and the heavy weight of my sins. Should I, then, not bear in union with Thee my easy burden of suffering, and accept the sweet yoke of Thy commandments? Thy yoke is sweet and Thy burden is light: I therefore willingly accept it. I will take up my cross and follow Thee.
Our Father, etc; Hail Mary, etc.

V. Lord Jesus, crucified:
R. Have mercy on us!



IV. Station
Jesus meets His afflicted mother.

V. We adore Thee, O Christ, and praise Thee:
R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou has redeemed the world!

Meditation.
How painful and how sad it must have been for Mary, the sorrowful Mother, to behold her beloved Son laden with the burden of the cross! What unspeakable pangs her most tender heart experienced! How earnestly did she desire to die in place of Jesus, or at least with Him! Implore this sorrowful Mother to assist you graciously in the hour of your death.

Prayer.
O Jesus! O Mary! I am the cause of the great and manifold pains which pierce your loving hearts. O that my heart also would experience at least some of your sufferings! Mother of sorrows! Let me participate in the sufferings which thou didst endure for me, and let me experience thy sorrow, that, afflicted with thee, I may enjoy thy assistance in the hour of my death.
Our Father, etc; Hail Mary, etc.

V. Lord Jesus, crucified:
R. Have mercy on us!

'The Stations of the Cross' taken from the "Catholic Girls Guide" by Father Lasance.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Wow, another Shieldmaiden, cool!!!
    This is awesome!!!
    I'm so glad you like my blog!
    We must be related in our elvish blood somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Fellowship site, where did you find the picture for your background? I can't find it anywhere!! Please tell me.
    Ëarwen

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!