September 19, 2014

Finally Friday



1. In just three weeks my Knight is coming to visit ME!  While his job has been very good in some regards... he doesn't get any kind of vacation or time off, which stinks because it makes it hard for him to come out here. He worked out shift switches though so he could get a four day weekend.  It'll be short, but it will be absolutely wonderful!  And long overdue... he hasn't been out here in a year!

2.  I absolutely loved reading Clare's post on being a new mother.  For a very long time, when anyone would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up I shrugged and said I didn't know because I felt shy about saying "I want to be a mom."  While I have found an interest and love for the hospitality industry, and I know that is where I want to spend at least part of my life, being a wife and a mother is still my first dream, and I just love reading Clare's beautiful posts about being a new mother and seeing her sweet pictures of Alice.

3. Its awesome when people do unique and intriguing covers of songs.  Like Dark Horse, sung in 20 different styles.   I don't think I've ever heard the full song before, but the link popped up in my YouTube newsfeed and I had to listen to it.  It's pretty awesome!  My other favorite is Let it Go, sung diva style by Christina Bianco.  That woman is hilarious and can do some great impressions!

Bread-in-a-mug seasoned with Italian herbs, a Cran-Raspberry la Croix and an advacado/tomato/hard boiled egg/pepper jack cheese/spinach/ranch salad
4. About three weeks ago my mom finished reading a book called "Trim Healthy Mama" and announced that we were going to try (another) new way to eat healthy!  I'll admit, I initially groaned a little in skepticism because we've tried stuff before and it just hasn't worked but I will also admit that I am now totally sold and love it!  I'm still getting to the point where I completely understand the whole concept behind it but so far its been easy and, to be honest, fun.  I haven't missed cutting out breads at all and I'm getting to the point where I'm starting not to miss sugar.  I get cravings for cookies and stuff, but the moment I eat just a bit I end up feeling so bleh that I regret it.  The best part about it is that it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle mindset so there's no counting calories or having to microcontrol your portions.  It's simply understanding what foods your body processes the best without leaving behind the excess fat that makes us gain weight.

5. Can I just say how incredibly excited I am for the new Piano Guys CD coming out?  October 7th cannot get here fast enough... I NEED to hear that Batman medley! 

6. Reasons why Anastasia is the best animated film ever.  Yep. (Well, after the Lion King, anyhow.)

7. And finally, a little laugh to get your Friday started:

The Surreal McCoy

Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!