January 24, 2015

Has It Really Been Seven Years?

The number seven is a fairly significant one in my family.  Both parents have birthdays on the seventh of their respective months, they were engaged and married both on the seventh, they have seven kids and Bro A, the seventh child was also born on the seventh.  Naturally then, I consider the seventh anniversary of anything to be of equal significance to a first or fifth or tenth or any of the other commonly celebrated anniversaries.

Seven years ago today....  a 15 year old young girl with the screen name of "Lady Rose" sent a private message to a 16 year old boy with the name of "Master Xavier" on the Fairy Tale Novels Fan Forum. Lady Rose had been talking with a friend of Master Xavier's who was also on the forum, and this friend had suggested that she should talk to Master Xavier as they shared a similar interest in the history of the Civil War.

She did just that, and soon found out that Master Xavier had been thinking of sending her a message as well.  The rest, as they say, is history.



I am sure, of course, that you figured out that I was Lady Rose, and My Knight was Master Xavier.  I can hardly believe that it has been seven years since we first met, and we so quickly became great friends that I can barely remember what my life was like before I knew him.  

Looking back, we were so young then... being friends with a boy was very brand new territory for me and involved more than one talk with my mom and an older friend of mine about how I needed to tone down on the flirting I didn't realize I was doing.  He never thought I was flirting with him though, and just laughed every time I got on chat and sent another "Okay... I am soooo sorry for flirting with you agaiiinnn."  

When we shared that first exchange, we certainly had no idea that one day we would end up as much more than merely friends.  When we did start dating, a lot of people claimed to have seen this coming for ages, and I suppose I believe some of those claims... I know that for a good seven months prior to then, I had certainly been hoping and praying that we would end up together.  But back then, no, I had no clue just who the boy I was talking to would turn out to be.

Life is a wonderful adventure that way.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me feel warm and fuzzy. ;) (And that doesn't happen often.)

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!