January 23, 2015

Once Again, It Is Finally Friday

Well this weekly blogging thing fell by the wayside.... I blame finals, and Christmas and that thing otherwise known as life.



1. I realized I never actually made the official "announcement" that I cut off my hair.


I had debated the decision for a couple of months, then finally I got so frustrated with it that I made the appointment before I could change my mind again.  I'm still figuring out how to style it satisfactorily (it really likes to bend out in weird places after I've been sleeping!) but I like it.  I may end up growing it out just a smidge longer, and then we'll see how long it stays this way.  i have a tendency to go longer in the winter and grow it out over the summer then go shorter again in the winter.

2.  We've been back and forth with snow and slightly less snow and up and down with temperatures this month.  I think I'm in the minority when I say that I like having snow all winter long, and if it's going to be cold then I want snow darnitanyhow.  I honestly don't mind driving it as long as I don't get stuck on the highway with people who forgot how to drive because they saw a snowflake, and I don't mind walking through it.  I would much rather have snow covering the ground than dead grass!  I don't get the people who are excited when it all melts mid-January.

3. This is adorable, and I need it.
Loch Ness Ladle

4. I was semi-waiting to mention that my sister wrote a book until I had finished reading it and could write her a full review, but I'm going to go ahead and say it now... my sister wrote a book!!!  She wrote it over a year ago, and this past year has been working with Jansina and Rivershore Books on editing and publishing it.  I have to say, I am very proud of her even if she does make me feel like a failure at life.  (Joking!)  What I've read so far is very good, and I encourage you all to help out a budding writer and buy her book from Amazon.

5. New Years Resolutions really aren't my thing, but my word for this year is "Gratitude" and I'm thinking that working on being more grateful is a good goal to have.  In my Professional Development class in school, we've been talking about setting goals and working on creating vision boards which I think is a great idea.  Putting some thought into the changes I want to see and the places I want to end up in my life is excellent food for thought, and it has already helped start to motivate me to work on some things.... like exercising again, eating better and losing weight.  

6. And don't forget to vote in the Sheenazing Awards... there are a few more days left!


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your short hair is super adorable! (And I'm sorry I never responded to your text - or did I? Can't remember... - the past few weeks have been cuh-raaaaazy!)

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!