September 10, 2009

What ever to do with intellectual four year olds?

Today, i should like to inform all older siblings of younger siblings who don't realize this yet, younger siblings can and will pick up and remember just about anything you do! That includes the movies you watch and the conversations you have. For example...



My four year old brother is a major Phantom of the Opera fan. Yes, he is 4!!!! He knows some of the words to the song "The Phantom of the Opera" (and can be occasionally heard singing "the phantom of the opera is there, inside your mind!"). Once when i was at home babysitting him, i asked him what movie he wanted to watch. To which he replied "Thomas! No, i want to watch the Phantom of the Opera!" Imagine, a little boy who would pass up Thomas the Tank Engine for the Phantom of the Opera. Oh dear.

Then today - prompted by my sister and i remarking over a PotO themed cake we saw yesterday at the Fair - he comes out with "I want a PotO cake for my birthday! I want the boat and the phantom and a paddle". Yaviel (the cake decorator in training) replied "Don't you think that is a bit much?" My bro's response "No it isn't! It's only three things!"

Later on in the conversation, he corrected Yaviel - who was in error - as to the correct number, shape and color of the Phantom's masks. He also informed us that he wanted to get a mirror.

"Why?" we asked.

Mr. Phantom of the Opera responded with... "So i can smash them when i'm angry!"

*cough*

He has now dubbed himself "The Phantom of the Opera", pointing to the PotO pictures on the screensaver saying "That's me!", and has decreed that we shall perform a play of the PotO, in which he shall star as the Phantom. (He already has found himself a costume.)

And so my dear readers who are older siblings who don't realize yet that their younger siblings can and will take in everything you do... consider yourself forewarned!

(But you do have to admit, it's terribly cute!)


2 comments:

  1. lol :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! Too cute! My brother would still take Thomas over PotO...I'll have to expose him to more Andrew Lloyd Weber. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!