December 31, 2009

My Year

Wow, it's that time of year again... time for me to write a long post about my year and what I've been up too.  Can't imagine why anyone would want to read it, but hey - it'll keep the stalkers happy.
(Joking)

So... where to begin...

January
The highlight of January was definitly being able to go on the March for Life.  It was so wild, how I was even able to go.  I literally asked to go, received permission and got signed up with a group the weekend before!
It was so awesome... the ride there, all the cool people I met, the March itself was beautiful, getting to see all the monuments afterwords!  It was so beautiful.  Hopefully, my sisters and I will be able to go again this year.

February
Hmm, well, I didn't do much in February, other than practice for the Seven Last Words performance.  Boring me.

March
In March I left sweet 16 behind and turned 17!  It's been awful!  Gah!  This whole year past, at least up until the last month, I kept thinking that I was still 16 and not 17.  I never forget what age I am, but for what ever reason I stayed mentally 16 for so long it was annoying.  "So you're saying sixteen isn't an age, it's a state of mind?"  Fish was right.
But my birthday was lots of fun.  We had a performance for the Seven Last Words the day before my birthday, and afterwords my friends Jo and Cordellia and I skipped up and down the hall singing "Sixteen going on Seventeen" as loud as we possibly could.  Then on my birthday, friends of mine came over for the day and the most dramatic event of the year happened... my four year old brother proposed to my fifteen year old friend!  He's been desperately in love with her ever since, sends her e-mails and we hear of little else.
Let's see, also in March I registered my domain name for my website http://www.modesty-mall.com/.

April
Good heavens, I didn't do anything in April either?  Shame on me.  =P

May
I got my website homepage up this month!   Yay!  And I have since gotten five other pages up. Hopefully a sixth, seventh and eighth should be up very soon.
Also, I took the SAT and got  a 1930, I think.  I think.  It actually might have been a 1928?  *shrughs* Oh well, I got a fairly decent score.

June
June saw the confirmation of my next two younger sisters, Kathleen and Yaviel.  It was a traditional confirmation, in Latin, which was really neat!
The last weekend in June my family took a vacation too The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL.  It was so wonderful!  My friend Jo and her family were down there at the same time as us, but they didn't know we were coming down, so we gave them what was hopefully a lovely surprise!  My grandparents came down with us too, and we took a trip to EWTN and sat in on a show where Yaviel almost got to ask a question, but they ran out of time.
We came home from Sweet Home Alabama just in time for...


July
The Ave Cor Mariae Summer Girls Camp!   This was my sixth year going, and it was just grand - as always. I got to see my loverly sister Vicki and niece Hannah... it was so much fun to have Hannah calling me "Auntie Rose" all week and seeing the puzzled looks on all the non-forum girls faces (that was just about everyone else.)  And I got to see fireworks this year!  The past two years it hasn't worked out on the 4th of July, so I've been deprived of fireworks for two whole years!  But I got to see them this year, and they were very nice.
When I came home, Vicki, Hannah and I did our second annual Pirates of the Caribbean Blog Week, funness all around!

August
 I died.  Yup, you read that right.  I died.  Or more correctly, Rose Pevensie died.  (My character on the forum.) It was sooooo much fun, and so dramatic too!  It almost made me feel better for not being able to go to the Fairy Tale Novels Fan Get-Together (AKA ReginaCon. ;) )  Ooh!  That reminds me!  I got to talk to my daughter Grace and brother Paul and my sister Elena said hi.  =)  Next year I'm going and meeting them.  (Which means they must be there, hint, hint.)
Let's see, what else did I do?  Ah, I went up and visited Hannah and Vicki and I got a cold that lasted until October!

September
Ah, September.  =)  I started school and became a Senior, I volunteered at our local county fair - which was fun, since I didn't enter projects - and went to my first dance Ah, it was lovely.  I wore the skirt that I made and danced to all of the dances!
September also featured Lord of the Rings Blog Week and the first issue of The Fairy Tale Novels Forum's newspaper, Ink and Fairydust.

October
The second issue of Ink and Fairydust came out, with an article by yours truly on the front page.  =)  I took the ACT (and got a 30).  And... that's it.

November
The third issue of Ink and Fairydust came out, this time with a new format and once again with something from me featured on the front.
Now, many of you may know that November is NaNoWriMo, but I decided that for me it would be PePoWriMo - at least this month.  PePoWriMo stands for Personal Poetry Writing Month, and I wrote a poem every day for the whole month.  I'm working on converting the document into a PDF so I can upload them for y'all to read.
A Rose in Bloom also celebrated it's two year anniversary!

December
For December I did BloPoWriMo, and managed to get a post in every day except for three days.  I'm happy to say that I only missed those three days due to necessity, and not because I couldn't think of anything to post.  =)
In my personal life, I changed locations and got accepted into college with the top scholarships.  So I know where I'm headed next fall.

So that is a review of the past year in my life.  Not quite as exciting as last year - either that or I just slacked off on the writing skills today.

I hope you all had a blessed and joyful 2009, and that you will have an even more blessed and joyful 2010

Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. So, wait... you are definitely joining us at college in the Fall?!?!

    Awesome!!!

    -except me twin and meself might not be there 'cause of a little matter having to do with Cantebury ;) not that we've been accepted into the program yet (but we are in the process of applying and renewing our passports!)

    Can't wait!!!

    ~Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post... especially the part about college!

    ~MK

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!