June 7, 2013

Scrumptious Blog Award


Awarded to me by the lovely Clare from Come Further Up.

Rules 
1) Once you are awarded, post about it on your blog and leave a link back to the person who awarded you 
2) Answer all the questions on the tag 
3) Do not award anyone who has less than 100 followers 
4) Come up with ten new questions 
5) Keep your questions clean and refrain from using vile language 
6) Tag 5 to 10 people


1. What book are you reading right now?
I am actually in between books.  I don't know which of the 9 I checked out from the library I'll pick up next, but I just finished Breakfast at Tiffany's.


2. Which of the four Gospels is your favorite?
Ooh, this is hard!  I think I'd choose Saint Luke though, because of the account of the Annunciation and Visitation... my middle name is Elizabeth so I've always been partial to the latter.


3. Is your home style more sleek and modern, or antique and quirky?
Well, I can't say that our home necessarily has a "style".  I suppose more of the quirky... mismatched furniture that we've picked up over the years, odds and ends and stuff.  Definitely more "home-ish" than "stylish".


4. Do you like poetry?
To read, not so much.   I do enjoy writing it, however.


5. What are a few of your hobbies?
I have a rather shameful lack of hobbies.  I do read a lot, play the piano and enjoy photography when pressed to answer that question.


6. City or country girl?
Country girl all the way!  I love the wide open spaces, no neighbors, the quiet, the peace.  I think I'd go nuts if I had to live in a city.


7. What’s something you’ve accomplished in the past year that you’re proud of?
At first this question left me feeling a little despondent, because there really hasn't been anything big or important that I've accomplished in the last year.  Then I thought about  it, and realized that that's okay.  I'm in a bit of a quiet phase of life right now, where there aren't any grand or important things that I've been doing.  I have however strengthened old friendships and planted new ones and I've continued to do the best I can to be a loving and supporting girlfriend to my wonderful knight, and I am proud of that.


8. Of all the places you’ve actually been to in the world, which is your favorite? Why?
I went back and forth a few times before I realized that there really is no competition for this one at all.  My favorite place that I've been to is The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Alabama.  If you've ever been there, you'll know why.  If you've never been there... all I can say is I'm sorry for you, and I hope you are blessed to go there soon!

9. White or red wine?
White wine.  I suppose I haven't had too much of either to really be a good judge, but I'll go with the white wine.


10. Where would you like to see yourself five years from now?
I would love to see myself married to my Knight with a home of our own and a little prince or princess on the way.

My Questions
for...
Allison at Faint Hue of Grace
Renee at Sweet Unrest
Victoria at Victory Rose for Christ (Because she needs to start blogging again...)
Elenatintil at Elenatintil

1. Which person of the Old Testament do you most admire, and why?
2. Of all the films coming out this summer, which one are you the most excited for?
3. Who was your best friend when you were a little girl, and are you still friends with them now?
4. Baking or cooking?  (Baking implies desserts, cooking just regular old food.)
5. If you could live in any state in the US, which state would you choose?
6. Do you like to follow current fashion trends, or are you your own trendsetter?
7. What do you enjoy most about your current job?
8. Look back at who you were five years ago.  Are you pretty much the same person or do you think you've changed a lot?
9. Do you like to sing?
10. In your opinion, what is the best cool drink for a summer day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!