June 26, 2013

Fantastic Flatbread


I know, I am not the best when it comes to creating names for recipes.  But hey, it was pretty fantastic and when you have the chance for alliteration, you go for it. 

Today I was pondering the question that continues to stump humanity throughout the ages (namely "What to have for lunch?")  when I recalled the package of flatbread sitting in our pantry.  I pulled it out and after musing over which ingredients to use I hit upon this fantastic flatbread flavor. 

Fantastic Flatbread

1 Flatbread
2-3 tbl  Hummus (I used Sabra Original)
1 Small tomato
4 Fresh basil leaves
2 tbl Italian dressing
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Place flatbread on a non-stick baking tray and turn the broiler on high.  Move oven rack to the top.  Spread hummus on flatbread.  Slice tomato into thin slices and arrange on hummus.  Chop basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle over tomatoes.  Dash the flatbread with Italian dressing and cover with mozzarella cheese.  Broil on high for 2-3 minutes.



I didn't measure at all while I was preparing the flatbread, so the measurements I have written down are approximate. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients and amounts to taste!

1 comment:

Welcome, and thank you for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts with me! I do love reading all and any comments. =] Please note that I do moderate, and any comments that do not meet with my standards and approval will be deleted. Thank you!